Who can participate in the award?
The award is open to journalists working in Georgia who work in TV/radio or digital/print media.
Conditions for the award:
- TV/radio reports, print/online articles should be analytical and relevant to corporate responsibility issues;
- The award is open to all journalists whose work has been printed, published, aired from September 21st , 2021 including August 31st , 2022;
- One participant can submit several TV/radio reports, printed/online articles;
- The applicant must submit the text of the printed/online article in PDF format (technical characteristics: the text must be in Georgian or English, font – sylfaen, size 11, line spacing 1.5, the text size should not exceed 1,000 words);
- The material submitted in the award must be accompanied by the name of the media organization and a link to the published material. The name of the author, surname, contact information (telephone number, e-mail) should be indicated in the email;
- In case of plagiarism, the contestant will be removed from the qualifying round;
- The deadline for submission of applications is September 30th , 2022;
- Text can be sent only electronically to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- While sending an e-mail, indicate in the subject line (“subject” field): Media for Responsible Business.
The materials published by the applicants within the competition will be posted on the social pages of the organization, with the hashtag #mediaforresponsiblebusiness.
Compliance to the topic, understanding and conveying the issue correctly
- selected topic is relevant to the terms of the competition
- The contestant has fully understood and conveyed the issue
Relevance of the issue
- The report/article addresses current issues in Georgia
- The competition material responds to current issues in the world
Collection of materials, analysis and respondents
- The collected material is well-analyzed, processed and argued
- Diversity of respondents and compliance to the topic
Balanced and objective reflection of the topic by the author
- The topic / problem is presented objectively
- Selected respondents around the topic are presented in a balanced way
- Terminology related to the topic of corporate sustainability is used correctly
Respondents/objects are discussed and presented by the journalist in an ethical context
The winners of the competition will be awarded in the following categories:
- The best TV/radio story;
- The best newspaper/internet article.
The official award ceremony is scheduled for October 2022.
Nino Kvantrishvili, Senior Manager, Sustainability and Partnerships, Nino@globalcompact.ge