Media for Responsible Business in Georgia
Global Compact Network Georgia announces the Media award for journalists working in Georgia. The aim of the award is to promote the concept of corporate responsibility in the society, to raise awareness about the topic and to interest the media in this direction.
Who can participate in the award?
The award is open to journalists working in Georgia who work in TV/radio or digital/print media.
Conditions for the award:
- TV/radio reports, print/online articles should be analytical and relevant to corporate responsibility issues;
- The award is open to all journalists whose work has been printed, published, aired from November 1, 2020 including September 20, 2021;
- One participant can submit several TV/radio reports, printed/online articles;
- The applicant must submit the text of the printed/online article in PDF format (technical characteristics: the text must be in Georgian or English, font – sylfaen, size 11, line spacing 1.5, the text size should not exceed 1,000 words);
- The material submitted in the award must be accompanied by the name of the media organization and a link to the published material. The name of the author, surname, contact information (telephone number, e-mail) should be indicated in the email;
- In case of plagiarism, the contestant will be removed from the qualifying round;
- The deadline for submission of applications is September 30, 2021;
- Text can be sent only electronically to the following e-mail: email@example.com;
- While sending an e-mail, indicate in the subject line (“subject” field): Media for Responsible Business.
The materials published by the applicants within the competition will be posted on the social pages of the organization, with the hashtag #mediaforresponsiblebusiness.
Compliance to the topic, understanding and conveying the issue correctly
- selected topic is relevant to the terms of the competition
- The contestant has fully understood and conveyed the issue
Relevance of the issue
- The report/article addresses current issues in Georgia
- The competition material responds to current issues in the world
Collection of materials, analysis and respondents
- The collected material is well-analyzed, processed and argued
- Diversity of respondents and compliance to the topic
Balanced and objective reflection of the topic by the author
- The topic / problem is presented objectively
- Selected respondents around the topic are presented in a balanced way
- Terminology related to the topic of corporate sustainability is used correctly
- Respondents/objects are discussed and presented by the journalist in an ethical context
The winners of the competition will be awarded in the following categories:
- The best TV/radio story;
- The best newspaper/internet article.
The official award ceremony is scheduled for November 2021.
Nino Kvantrishvili, Senior Manager, Sustainability and Partnerships – 595 244 495, firstname.lastname@example.org
The award is organized by Global Compact Network Georgia with the support from the Swedish Government within the project “Leadership for Sustainable Development in Georgia”.