Business ensures access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Investing in renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal power to reduce their carbon footprint and contribute to the global shift towards sustainable energy systems.
- Improving energy efficiency, using energy-efficient lighting and equipment, optimizing production processes, and reducing energy waste to reduce energy consumption and costs.
- Promoting energy access, supporting energy access initiatives that provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that lack access to modern energy services.
- Developing sustainable business models, that integrate renewable energy, energy efficiency, and energy access into their core operations.
- Ensuring that all employees and their families have access to a reliable and affordable source of energy by investing in local infrastructure to establish accessible energy services.
- Reducing the internal demand for transport by prioritizing telecommunications and incentivize less energy intensive modes such as train travel over auto and air travel.
- Investing in Research and Development related to sustainable energy services, bringing new technologies to the market quickly.
- Integrating renewable energy into employee benefits packages, subsidizing the capital expenditures associated with residential solar or electric vehicle investments.
If a renewable energy power plant applies for the mentioned nomination, it must meet the following criterias:
- Renewable energy power plant, which has been put into operation in the last 10 years;
- Renewable energy power plant with installed capacity of at least 500 KW.